Along with more than 40,000 others, I’ll soon be making the annual pilgrimage to Dreamforce (the Salesforce mega-conference) and I can’t wait! It really does live up to its namesake The Cloud Computing Industry Event of the Year.
This year’s Dreamforce theme is Welcome to the Social Enterprise.
From a Customer Intelligence perspective, the session lineup is filled with countless opportunities to consume knowledge from key thought leaders across Marketing, Sales, and IT. With this year’s social theme in mind, here are a just few I’m looking forward to the most:
- Killing It: How Inbound Marketing Can Help You Crush the Competition
- Driving Extraordinary Growth Through Sales and Marketing Performance
- Hands-on: Exploring Radian6 Social Insights
- Accelerating the Revenue Engine: Driving Revenue with a Single View of the Buyer
In fact there are so many great offerings, it is easy to feel overwhelmed. Here are three tips for getting the most out of your Dreamforce experience.
- Focus on attending the sessions with the most opportunity for active engagement, particularly any hands-on sessions. Being in the room for these sessions is an experience that cannot be replicated by viewing slides or video based on the in-person interaction with the speakers and Dreamforce community.
- If you haven’t yet locked down your agenda, hurry! Many sessions are currently at capacity, though some are adding additional offerings based on waitlist requests. An additional tip – if a session you really want to attend is full, show up anyways. After admitting the registered attendees, stand-by attendees are allowed in to fill seats from no-shows.
- Don’t forget about session videos. You can always catch up sessions that ‘didn’t make the cut’ or were full once the week is over via YouTube. This is also a great way to review information from a session you attended and enables the Dreamforce experience to live on throughout the year!
If you keep these three tips in mind, you should able to consume as many Dreamforce sessions as you wish.
See you there!
PS: I’ll also be speaking in two sessions this year (titles below, more to come in a future post). These are focused on the importance of data and integration to marketing and sales execution. I hope to see many of you there!
- Accurate Data: Increase Marketing Effectiveness While Lowering Marketing Cost
- Putting Dreamforce to Work for You